Sunday, November 01, 2009

T Party Express: Day of the Dead

Here on the T Party Express, sometimes we put the cart before the iron horse.

Yesterday my STBX (soon to be ex-husband) asked me how I feel. It's a deliberately vague question phrased to avoid recriminations. He was looking for an answer he could live with comfortably, but I couldn't oblige and chose to remain silent.

This is how I feel. I am living with stage 4 metastatic cancer and a husband in name only who stopped caring about me several months ago, except to the extent that I am useful to him before he is ready to leave. I don't know which enemy is worse, but neither can be good for me. Without God, I am helpless and hopeless against them both. Naturally, my mind goes to the worst case scenario, but God pulls me back from the brink again and again.

I cannot know what He has planned for us, but these song selections are as good a guess as any.

Your Ex-Lover Is Dead by Stars (2005).

If I am compelled to lose my partner and helpmate, I want to suffer as beautifully as the couple in this video.




This Woman's Work by Kate Bush (1989).

The movie She's Having a Baby employed this song as the soundtrack for the climactic childbirth of an estranged couple, but Bush's video is open to other interpretations. She is one of the most gifted performance artists ever to grace popular music.



Kate Bush - This Woman's Work (Official Music Video) - Funny blooper videos are here


Previous stops:

Love Will Tear Us Apart by Joy Division (1980).

Reptile by the Church (1988).

Accidents Will Happen by Elvis Costello (1979).

Tears Run Rings by Marc Almond (1987).

Killing Moon by Echo and the Bunnymen (1984).

Love Lies Bleeding by Elton John (1973).

Last Time Forever by Squeeze (1985).

Conjure Me by the Afghan Whigs (1992).

Debonair by the Afghan Whigs (1993).

Hallelujah by Jason Castro (2009).

Total Recall by the Sound (1985).

Fly by Jars of Clay (2002).

Train in Vain by the Clash (1980).

It's My Life by Talk Talk (1984).

No comments: