Thursday, December 31, 2009

My Top 10 Favorite Songs of 2009

I always enjoy reading those best-of-year lists and used to compile my own back in the day, but I have become so removed from secular pop culture that most of the names on those lists are unfamiliar to me. Music still holds my interest and Christian contemporary is my preferred genre.

I have enough favorite songs, sacred and secular, from 2009 to compile a top 10 list. In no particular order, here they are.

Carolina Liar: Show Me What I'm Looking for



Selah: Hosanna



Silversun Pickups: Panic Switch



Plumb: God-Shaped Hole (2010)



Bat for Lashes with Scott Walker: The Big Sleep



Steven Curtis Chapman: Heaven Is the Face



Phoenix: Lisztomania



Lifehouse: Broken



Doves: Kingdom of Rust



Chris Tomlin: I Will Rise

No comments: