Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Top 10 Tearjerkers: Songs That Make Men Cry

According to a survey reported by the British tabloid The Sun, here are the top ten songs that make men cry:
1. Everybody Hurts - REM
2. Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton
3. Hallelujah - Leonard Cohen
4. Nothing Compares 2 U - Sinead O'Connor
5. With or Without You - U2
6. Drugs Don't Work - The Verve
7. Candle In The Wind - Elton John
8. Streets of Philadelphia - Bruce Springsteen
9. Unchained Melody - Todd Duncan
10. Angels - Robbie Williams
I'm not a guy and I won't limit myself to ten songs when I can pick twenty, but that won't stop me from compiling my own list. Grab a box of tissues and a pint of gelato.

In no particular order:

I Just Wasn't Made for These Times - The Beach Boys




Don't Dream It's Over - Crowded House



Just Once in My Life - The Righteous Brothers



The Last Goodbye - Jeff Buckley



Alone Again Or - Arthur Lee and Love



Black - Pearl Jam




This Old Heart of Mine - The Isley Brothers




Monkey Gone to Heaven - The Pixies



A House Is Not a Home - Dionne Warwick



Your Ex-Lover Is Dead - Stars



Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me - The Smiths


A Song for You - Donny Hathaway



 No Blue Skies - Lloyd Cole



 Daisy Jane - America



God Give Me Strength - Elvis Costello



Cold Morning Light - Todd Rundgren



Miss Texas 1967 - The Colourfield



This Woman's Work - Kate Bush



Pearly Gates - Prefab Sprout





'Til I Die - The Beach Boys

No comments: