Here are the Top 6 signs during Top 6 week that these are the end times for American Idol:
6. Phone numbers for voting were changed to the 666 area code.
5. Flat humor by host Ryan Seacrest inspires a national campaign to bring back Brian Dunkelman.
4. Randy Jackson, briefly the touring bassist with Journey, is now the final authority on who is a true rocker.
3. Flubbing the official talking points, Simon Cowell tells the judges’ favorite contestant that his performance, only the second of the night, was the absolute best of the show … so far.
2. The judges’ favorite dresses like a Deadhead delegate to the Green Party convention.
And the number 1 sign that these are the end times for American Idol:
1. Paula Abdul is the fairest, most coherent judge.