Wednesday, January 19, 2005

It Needed to Be Said

Barbara Boxer spent the past two days insulting Condoleezza Rice from the safety of her Senate seat, which she proved was not won by intellect, class or moral superiority. You could say Boxer was all over the Secretary of State nominee like white on rice.

Frustration at season three of American Idol was the impetus that led me to begin blogging. Honestly I didn't know if I would ever tune in again. Well, I just finished the first three hours of season four divided between two evenings and saw pretty much what I expected. The regulars (host Ryan Seacrest and panelists Paula Abdul, Simon Cowell and Randy Jackson) bore the demeanor of the contractually obligated. The "lowlights" shows were increasingly stale and uninspired. The losers are more depressingly sad and populated by obvious graduates of self-esteem programs run amok. Will I continue to watch? Probably, but I am too conscious of the show's inherent machinations and manipulations to become invested in the results.

No comments: